Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 2019 12:36:46 -0400
From:      William Dudley <wfdudley@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   openwebmail broke with latest update

Hi,

Running 11.2-RELEASE-p11
and also openwebmail-2.53_4

All software is installed using pkg; I try to keep things mostly "stock" to
make
maintenence easy.  This is a mail and web server that I use to supply
mailing
lists to a bunch of non-profits

I just did pkg upgrade to openwebmail (and a bunch of other things) and
now openwebmail "fails" with the following message when I login to check
my mail:

Set effective gid to mail(6) failed!

A google search turns up nothing on this error.
I've been poking around in log files and reading various openwebmail docs
but nothing useful has presented itself.

Is anyone using openwebmail and can shed light on this problem?

Thanks,
Bill Dudley