Date:      Tue, 04 Feb 1997 9:35:45 MET
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@BA-Stuttgart.De>
To:        garman@phs.k12.ar.us
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CMD640b flaw workaround

Hi Jason,

Very good! I think your patch for 2.1.5 should also be working for
2.1.6.1 so Nadav might give it a try.
It is working for me for 2 days (and nights) now, with a hd and cd on
the primary channel and a hd on the secondary. The wd0-disk is my
root disk containing /etc, /var and swap and the wd2-disk contains
/usr. Building kernels and "make world" did not crash the system.
X-Window and Netscape did not crash the system, so I believe it is
pretty save. Maybe disklabeling does not work, but I cannot test
that one, since both disks are essential to me.

During testing I experienced, either it works at once and for ever
or not at all, and luckily it never corrupted any data!

Is there any one else (besides Jason, Nadav and me) with a CMD640b?

Wolfgang