Date:      Sat, 9 Feb 2019 15:47:56 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeCAD 0.17 - is anyone using it?

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 2:02 PM Christoph Moench-Tegeder
<cmt@burggraben.net> wrote:

> I'm not a heavy CAD user, but FreeCAD as such is working.
>
> I'm on 12.0-STABLE, but that shouldn't matter that much.

Thanks for the confirmation. I've also received confirmation from
someone using it with FreeBSD 11.2-stable.

> My first idea would be "something in your graphics/X11 stack".
> I've got a nvidia card and I'm using x11/nvidia-driver (without

I'm using a Radeon card (I'm not at my machine now, and can't remember
the details). FWIW, FreeCAD is the only program that has the trouble.

> Anyways, FreeCAD is still using Qt4, which is rather old... I'm

Yes, my suspicion is something in the Qt4 "stack" - FreeCAD is
probably the only thing using qt4 on my machine now.

> working on moving it to Qt5, to avoid deprecation in 6 weeks.
> It's not 100% complete yet, but at least the widgets are looking
> much nicer now :) Expect an update "soonish".

That is very nice to hear!
Thank you for you work on this.

--
Regards,