Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2017 23:03:01 -0600
From:      The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X Windows reload

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 06:22:00AM +0200, Polytropon wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 21:10:19 -0600, The Doctor wrote:
> > Attempted to reload Xwindows and
> > once at the screen, everything is frozen no matter which vm I am using.
>
> Which VMs are you using? (I assume you're running FreeBSD + X inside
> a virtual machine, is that correct?)
>
> What do you mean with "reload" in this context? Restart X?
> Switch to virtual terminal ("text mode") and back? Update X?

I assume so.

> Does "frozen" refer to the X session only, or does the whole
> OS freeze? If inside a VM, does the VM freeze, too?

X session only.  the VM might not be freezing.

> > What needs to be rectified?
>
> What did you change in comparison to the state in which
> everything worked as expected?
>
> Please provide more specific information about what you
> are doing and what you are expecting. Without more info

XSystem became slightly unstable when the update from 11.0 to 11.1  botched .

Back the server up

then tried to restore filles that were needed.

Trying to report and it looks like choke city.
it's really hard to tell what even the problem is...

> --
> Polytropon
> Magdeburg, Germany
> Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0
> Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...

https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b  Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides