Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:54:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      thomas@hentschel.net
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ripping a CD to .mp3???

On  4 Sep, Michael Lucas wrote:

> The current incarnation of my attempt is using grip, dagrab, and lame.
> dagrab pulls a track off of my CD just fine, but stores it in my home
> directory.  It appears that grip directs lame to the wrong place to
> pull it from.

I use grip, cdda2wav and bladeenc. Command lines below :

In grip -> config -> rip :

Ripping executable : /usr/local/bin/cdda2wav
Rip command line : -D %c -x -H -t %t -O wav %f
rip file format : ~/mp3/%a/%d/%n.wav

in grip -> config ->mp3

MP3 executable : /usr/local/bin/bladeenc
MP3 command line : -%b -QUIT %f
MP3 file format : ~/mp3/%a/%d/%n.mp3

start it with :
% grip -d /path/to/cd-device