Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:24:40 +0200
From:      "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <rmulhuijzen@transfer-solutions.com>
To:        Patrick Gardella <patrick@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 3.3.6_3 build dies on -current

>In file included from /usr/include/sys/wait.h:93,
>                  from vgaHW.c:44:
>/usr/include/machine/endian.h:72: syntax error before
>`__uint16_swap_unit32'
>/usr/include/machine/endian.h:72: syntax error before `__x'
><snip>
>
>I've not seen this reported before, nor a work around.

I don't know which is "the right thing" but adding '#include <sys/types.h>'
in front of either the '#include <sys/wait.h>' in vgaHW.c or in front of
the '#include <machine/endian.h>' in /usr/include/sys/wait.h should fix
your blues. I'm guessing one is the fix and the other is a workaround, but
don't know which is which =) . I'm not up to speed on include rules...

         DocWilco