Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 22:47:59 -0500
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <hornback@wireco.net>
To:        "Mikel King" <mikel@ra.upan.org>
Cc:        <hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: supermicro motherboards

	Sounds like fun!  *grins*

> 370der with ati rage xl onboard, and scsi onboard & dual EIDE
> 370dec just dual EIDE

	If it was me, and a true high performance server, I'd take the DER
model.  Turn off the EIDE setup, connect some low speed periphs
(CD-Rom, etc.) to the onboard SCSI, and drop in a high performance
SCSI/RAID controller in one of the 64 bit slots.

> Anyone ever use a supermicro board? Are there any known issues w/
> freebsd?

	One of the companies that I worked for (about this time last year
even, imagine that), had a server that had a dual slot 1 board from
SuperMicro.  Machine ran flawlessly.  I'd highly recommend them...
but, be careful which case hardware you use.  They also make great
cases, which compliment their motherboards very well.

--- Andy