Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:23:42 -0600
From:      Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xdm across different networks

I have a Windows XP machine at work that I am trying to get an X11
server to connect to a FreeBSD machine.  The FreeBSD machine is on the
xxx.xxx.86.0 network and the Windows XP machine is on the xxx.xxx.87.0
network.  X11 servers on other machines on the xxx.xxx.86.0 network work
fine with xdmcp.  Is there some restriction on xdmcp to being on the
same network or do I have to add some kind of special routing entry to
handle this?

Thanks.

--
Glenn Johnson
USDA, ARS, SRRC			 Phone: (504) 286-4252