Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 2000 02:30:48 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        dmp@aracnet.com (Darren Pilgrim)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A very strange problem when changing IPs

On 10 Aug 2000 19:01:13 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:

>Nothing I tried would get the server to start responding again.  So, I
>changed the ifconfig_de0 line in /etc/rc.conf and rebooted.  After the
>restart the server was responsive on both interfaces with de0 set
>to a.b.c.9!  This makes absolutely no sense to me at all.  Why would I
>have to reboot to make this change?

Routing and arp entries perhaps. Its hard to say without knowing what
values you are using, and what is connected to the box.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)