Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 1995 14:47:45 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.0.5-A: Very disheartening?

On Mon, 5 Jun 1995, Joe Greco wrote:
> Well, I was hoping somebody might come forward and recognize the problem I
> was having...  :-/

I had some weird problems this weekend on my home machine.  I installed
2.0.5A on it but continued to use an old kernel which I had from a few
weeks ago since it had psm mouse support and didn't take years to probe
for stuff I haven't got :-)

I was seeing spontaneous reboots with this when trying to use iijppp but
I assumed they were just some kind of mismatch between 2.0.5A's iijppp
and my kernel.

My system is a a Gateway2000 P5 100 with AHA2940 scsi, IDE CD and one of
those wacky programmable Gateway keyboards (yes the keyboard probe does
work).

--
Doug Rabson, Microsoft RenderMorphics Ltd.	Mail:  dfr@render.com
						Phone: +44 171 251 4411