Date:      Sat, 23 May 1998 09:18:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Michael V. Harding" <mvh@netcom.com>
To:        dswartz@druber.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make buildworld/installworld question

I've been doing this for a while now - since that added the buildworld
and installworld client, I have been able to do this.  Building
'world' as a single target used to hang sometimes.

First time, though, I would try doing 'make installworld' in
multi-user mode and then dropping to single user mode to finish.  Then
your downtime is probably 15 minutes at most.