Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 23:13:34 -0500
From:      John <papalia@udel.edu>
To:        <doug@safeport.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Updateing Ports

>I just updated the ports collection with the following:
>
>*default host=cvsup3.FreeBSD.org
>*default base=/usr
>*default prefix=/usr
>*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_1_1_RELEASE
>*default delete use-rel-suffix
>
>1) The end result of this is /usr/ports/INDEX was deleted?
>2) What did I do wrong? How can I get INDEX back

You most likely want to create a separate configuration file for your ports
collection, and make the tag=. (yes, that is a period there) instead of
tag=RELENG.....

 From the online docs:
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/cvsup.html#CVSUP-CONFIG-VERS

Here are the branch tags that users might be interested in. Keep in mind
that only the tag=. is relevant for the ports collection.

      tag=.

Hope that helps,
--John