Date:      Tue, 07 Jun 2011 00:54:26 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3-devel/work/DEV300_m99 fails to build on -CURRENT r222407

Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Monday, June 06, 2011 a las 07:52:07PM +0200, Julian H. Stacey escribió:
>
> > Matthias Apitz wrote to openoffice@ Mon, 06 Jun 2011 07:34:33 +0200
> >
> > > ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
> > > /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3-devel/work/DEV300_m99/hyphen
> >
> > etc, + just after in a private mail:
> >
> > > It does not build in r222407 in a clean environment :-(
>
> It did built in r220692 (mid of April) for me and the diff of this and
> r222407 is that for some other reason I built in r220692 the gcc466 from
> the ports and the machine running r220692 has 2 GByte RAM.
>
> While searching Google I see this:
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.devel.openoffice/2075
>
> I will compile gcc466 in r222407 and give it a try...

/etc/make.conf PERL_VERSION=5.10.1 or other similar
(or absence) can affect quite a lot of ports.
but problem might equally be gcc, or make / gmake, bison, gawk, etc
	( or a sensitive tar in my case -
	  I get occasional ports failures here since I increased tar
	  error detection, though I only noticed that after I filed:
		Mon, 31 Jan 2011
	  Reason others dont see those errors yet, is FreeBSD still hasn't
	  fixed its flakey to check more C return codes )
or maybe with such mega builds, maybe heat, occasional duff memory,
or NFS accesses, etc, almost anything anything, a guessing game for
witch docotors in absence of clear error messages ;-).

I see Makefile
	DISABLE_MAKE_JOBS
&
	--enable-hids	# Not pursued to see what that does yet.
&
	files/Makefile.knobs
	.if defined(WITH_DEBUG)
	make -DWITH_DEBUG
so on another host I've queued
	cd /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3
	make clean	# NOCLEANDEPENDS=YES to avoid rm of weeks of compiles
	source `which unsetenv.csh`
	make -DWITH_DEBUG -DDISABLE_MAKE_JOBS=YES

If none of the above get decent error messages or a compile, perhaps
t will be appropriate to ask open office generic source people to
please make their error reporter a few decades more more modern ;-)
	( 1977 was last time I remember regularly seeing numeric
	error messages on weak hardware desperate to save space.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.