Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:48:51 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        c4@worldclass.jolt.nu
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple interfaces on same subnet

Tobias,

Having 2 dual ethernet cards, how can you reach 800mbps? 2*2*100=400
in each direction, I suppose

I beleive the server should handle traffic from the 2 internal subnets
as well as some traffic from outside?

It should be a very light server to be able to deliver data at the
rate you mentionned. I like freebsd, but I am not sure it can handle
the load.

As for security reasons, spliting the servers could be a good solution too.

Olivier