Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 1995 15:35:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
To:        "=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: screen port

On Fri, 16 Jun 1995, =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage wrote:

> In message
>     <Pine.LNX.3.91.950615223304.827H-100000@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
>     -Vince- writes:
>
> >other sessions even if the 4th one was still active.... Also, another
> >problem is screen is using sc for the terminal type instead of vt100...
>
> vt100 isn't good guess for screen, most compatible is vt220,
> it is different from vt100, f.e. in functional keys and
> insert/delete ability.
> I add SC entry to termcap following this statement.

	I know but it seems like when I compiled screen on the SUN, it
defaults to vt100 since other systems won't know what a SC termcap is.
That is just a minor inconvenience.  The real problem is somehow screen
isn't functioning properly with showing the status of logins.  I don't
know how to explain it but I'll describe it to you... When you run
screen, it works correctly by replacing your pty/vty login with the
screen pty info for both finger and the w information.  The problem is
when you create screen sessions like 5 for example, it would only show
the 5th one in your login info from finger when it's supposed to show all
5 of them.  Then like if you do a mesg n on the 5th one and all the
others have mesg y, finger will only show the 5th session with messages
off and when people try to talk to you, it says that you are refusing
messages.  Next thing is if you like exit from the 5th session, your
finger info will show you last login info but doesn't know you are still
on for the first 4 sessions and when someone tries to talk to you or
something, it just says you are not logged in.  Any ideas on how to fix
this since this isn't how screen is supposed to be working.

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley Fall '95
SysAdmin bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU - Running FreeBSD, Real UN*X for Free!