Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 01:17:33 -0500
From:      "William J. Wood" <FSWWJW@worldnet.att.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Requesting information on UNIX and 4.4FreeBSD

Hello...
   I'm just getting into programming and was pondering installing the
FreeBSD on my system because of its supposed solidity as a operating
system..But I have a few questions.
I recently purchase the PC Upgrade and Repair Bible and it has the
4.4BSD on a cdrom
and in the book it says you can get the manual to the operating system
from Walnut Creek CDROM.But, I've been there and the only thing there
that i can find is the 2.2.6FreeBSD..would that be the same
manual?!?...and also it mentions in the book about4.4BSD-Lite but it
never really tell which version is on the disc..or are they the same?
  And also what about the actual UNIX system itself..is the FreeBSD the
same system or are the two totally different??..How do you obtain the
actual UNIX operating system itself??..I have never seen it for sale
anywhere.
  But anyway my main question was about the manual for the FreeBSD 4.4
and where to get it and if I had the full version on the cdrom that I
have in my possession??
  I would appreciate your reply and any information you could possibbly
help me out with.

Thank You Very Much,

William Wood.