Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 02:53:11 -0500
From:      taxman <taxman@acd.net>
To:        Nick Popoff <nick@tre.bloodletting.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to fetch XFree86-libraries during install

On Saturday 15 March 2003 07:33 pm, Nick Popoff wrote:
> I'm having a problem installing 5.0 from floppies & FTP.  The whole
> installation goes very well until it gets to XFree86, and then fails
> with the following sequence of messages.  I've tried the main FTP server
> plus several mirrors.  Any info would be much appreciated.
>
> -------
>
> Unable to fetch package XFree86-libraries-4.2.1_5 from selected media.
> No package add will be done.

It's trying to get a file that doesn't exist.  Libs is up to 4.2.1_7 or 8 or
so.  Best bet is to install a minimal system, then cvsup your ports tree, and
install the rest from there.  Or if you really want to use packages, from the
installed system, use pkg_add -r  with the correct up to date name of the
package.  It's still a good idea to cvsup your ports tree and update your

Tim