Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2005 19:01:39 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: All-in-one box

Karel Miklav <karel@lovetemple.net> wrote:
 > I didn't know I'm poking into such an exotic area. I'll probalbly go
 > the common route and then hide all the network gizmos with the cable
 > nest into a carton box or something :)

Nowadays there are 5-port switches which are so small
you can easily put them inside the computer case (let
the cables go through some appropriate hole in the case).
They are also very cheap.

With a little bit of tweaking and soldering, you might
even be able to connect it to the computer's power
supply, so you don't need an additional external power
supply and power socket.  But don't try this if you're
not familiar with voltages and how power supplies work,
or if you're unsure which end of the soldering iron is
the hot one.  ;-)

Best regards
   Oliver

I suggested holding a "Python Object Oriented Programming Seminar",
but the acronym was unpopular.
        -- Joseph Strout