Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2006 03:22:32 -0500
From:      "Matt Sealey" <matt@genesi-usa.com>
To:        <matt@genesi-usa.com>, "'Peter Grehan'" <grehan@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD 6.0 on Pegasos/ODW

I just had a thought:

The kernel says it's loaded at 0x130788.

That's within the first 2MB of memory on the system.

It MAY be that we're writing the kernel over the OpenFirmware copy
and the stack (which works backwards from the OF image if I remember
correctly) or something like that.

How does FreeBSD allocate it's memory from the point the kernel is
loaded, through claim or just assuming it owns it all at that point?

Having it put the kernel somewhere after the first 32MB would be
a good test. Our load-base variable is set to 0x4000000 so the
loader goes there. I will see if I can get you guys a decent copy
of the memory map..

--
Matt Sealey <matt@genesi-usa.com>
Manager, Genesi, Developer Relations