Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 09:38:02 -0400
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   security section of FAQ?

Hello,

I just submitted a security FAQ PR.  There doesn't seem to be a
security section; the information is scattered across admin,
networking, even misc.

Is there any interest in consolidating this under a security heading?
If so, I'm willing to do the work.  Not that it's a huge amount of
work, but it would be nice if the folks on -security could just say,
"Check the security section of the FAQ."  The existence of that
section might even prompt Kris & company to write some additional
security FAQ answers.

Or, should I take my blue paint and go work on my own bikeshed?

==ml

PS: Please say yes.  It's easy, it's helpful, and it would give me a
break from writing the blasted BSD book.  I coulda been a -doc
committer by now, but no, I *had* to take the contract, *had* to have
a deadline, didn't I?  Being a nice, relaxed committer, doing things
when I felt like it, just for fun, just wouldn't have been *good*
enough, would it?

Ahem.  Sorry about that.  I'm better now.  Really.  I'm going back to
Chapter 8, draft 1, where I belong.

--
Michael Lucas
mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org