Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 1999 12:01:04 +1100
From:      "Geoffrey C. Marshall" <count@ozemail.com.au>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Results of CRD5440-Checks

I hope this is the appropriate place...

I run CURRENT (more or less) on a Machine with a Gigabyte
motherboard that includes a 2940UW Dual.  This works quite well
even though my devices are not (currently) optimised.

I have recently tried to fit an AVA 2902I into the system to
handle my external scanner.

Works just fine under windows, but FreeBSD karks it with an
'automatic reboot'.

The first and second controllers are recognised, no problem
(these being the ones on the mother board) but it seems that
fairly late in the boot process something dies.

Now I can't post a dmesg, because I can't boot with the card
there.

What information can I provide (and how do I get it!) to whom to
get some assistance about this matter?  Any ideas anyone?

G...
--
count@nemesis.com.au
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty.