Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:31:08 -0500
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
To:        aventure@csf.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pop3 Mail Server and SMTP server..

> I have Qmail up and running and I can send e-mail just fine.. The
> one problem is I can not access the mail via pop3.  I have popper
> installed and in the inetd.conf but I cannot connect to the server
> supposedly.  Also When I try to send mail say from one of my windows
> machines running Outlook Express on the SMTP server it won't let me.
> I can only send mail out from the machine - either telnet or
> locally.
>
> I also cannot send mail out say from root on the machine to a user
> on the machine - I assume this has something to do with the pop3
> problem I mentioned earlier.

There is something said about each of these problems in the qmail
FAQ.  If you're satisfied that the FAQ doesn't help, check out the
qmail mailing lists listed on qmail's homepage.

There is a certain ``Zen'' to qmail, indeed any Bernstein-ware.  Once
you get in the proper mindset, it's really quite easy.

Lucas