Date:      Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:58:50 +0100
From:      Xavier Otazu <xotazu@cvc.uab.es>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   wine and kern.maxdsiz conflict

	Hello:

	For the last days I am installing FreeBSD 6.0 and the usual
tools I use in Linux. I installed 'wine' and it worked perfectly, but a
problem appeared when I changed a kernel boot option.

	I defined  ' kern.maxdsiz="1500M" ' in the /boot/loader.conf
file in order to enlarge available data for my programs. My computer
has 750Mb physical RAM and 1521Mb swap space. When defining high
amounts of datasize using this kernel option, wine complains with a
"/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found". But when defining moderated amounts
of datasize, for example kern.maxdsiz="700M", it works fine.

	Is it a kernel bug, or do I have to tweak some other kernel
options?

Thanks in advance

Xavier