Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 22:23:09 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        robert Backhaus <robbakfreebsd@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: does `mkisofs ./BurnMe |burncd -f /cdv/acd0c data - fixate' work?

In the last episode (Aug 16), robert Backhaus said:
> ./BurnMe is a directory that I wish to copy. doing it in one step,
> piping through may risk buffer under-runs (Unless newer drive's
> under-run protection is active -?-) but would be usefull if you
> didn't have disk space for two copies of your disk (Original + iso)
>
> If the answer is `Don't know', I'll risk a few 75c coasters to find
> out. I need a system backup or three

It's definitely possible with cdrecord, since you can specify a large
buffer and also enable underrun protection.  It doesn't look like
burncd supports either option.

You might be able to simulate the large buffer by piping through
"team 4m 8" between your mkisofs and burncd commands.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com