Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 21:22:41 +0200
From:      Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de>
To:        jfitz@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Majordomo 1.94.4 and `unsafe map file' failure

On a -stable system, I tried to install the Majordomo port. When I changed sendmail.cf
as in the instructions to include the shipped Majordomo alias file, I got the following
error from newaliases:

/etc/aliases: 18 aliases, longest 10 bytes, 183 bytes total
hash map "Alias1": unsafe map file /usr/local/majordomo/aliases.majordomo: Permission denied
WARNING: cannot open alias database /usr/local/majordomo/aliases.majordomo
Cannot create database for alias file /usr/local/majordomo/aliases.majordomo: Operation not supported by device

-r--r--r--  1 bin  bin  4581 Apr 22 20:08 aliases.majordomo

Any hints, as to where the problem lies?

Thanks, Axel.
--
Axel Thimm   Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de Axel.Thimm@ifh.de