Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:51:46 +0100
From:      Martin Kaeske <Martin.Kaeske@II.Stud.TU-Ilmenau.DE>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: path_mtu_discovery

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 07:45:43AM -0800, Kristopher Kublinski wrote:
>  I have the same setup as Martin but i cant say i have the same problem.  I am also blocking all
> incoming icmp traffic - in fact i have explicitly denied almost all incoming traffic so i do not
> thing that is the problem.  however if you are running ipf on the openbsd machine (which i am
> assuming you are) you might want to check your ruleset, it sounds like you might have something in
> there that is causing it.

Well, i played a bit with cvsup and found that if i wait long enough
(1 or 2 timeouts of cvsup) and then try again, it works. I checked
this with cvsup2.de.freebsd.org, i got some "message to big" and
then it worked.
Strange.

Martin

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed FreeBSD.

		-- Jim Levie in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc --