Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:19:56 +0100
From:      Kris Davidson <Kris@kirok.fsnet.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot Problem

This may be a complete newbie question, or it may have been answered
before but I would appreciate any help or input that can be provided.

I have a Sony VAIO PCG-GRZ615M laptop which I'm trying to install
FreeBSD on. I boot from the CD and then try selecting each one of the 7
boot options however each option I pick returns the below and then the
system reboots, as such I can not start the installation.

fwohci0: Link S100, max_rec 2 bytes
fwohci0: max_rec2 -> 512
fwohci0: bus_OPT 0x0 -> 0xf8008000
fwohci0: fwohci_set_intr: 1

firewire :<IEEE1394(firewire)Bus> on fwohci0
fatal trap 12: page fault while in Kernel mode

fault virtual address = 0x2c
fault code = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x8 :0xc02e5a50
Stack pointer = 0x10 :0xc0b2e8c4
frame pointer = 0x10 :0xc0b2e8c8
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
              = DPL0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags = interrupte enabled, resume, IOPL=0
current process = 0 (swapper)
trap number = 12

Panic: Page fault

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this or provide advice.

Cheers.