Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 2002 22:55:07 -0700
From:      Seth Murray <smurray@comboard.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Problem with time zone adjustment (FBSD4.6)

Just installed 4.6 on a new server. CMOS clock is set to UTC. I am in
Pacific Time zone, so should be 7 hours behind, but tzsetup adjusted local
time to show 7 hours AHEAD of UTC.

1. Selected "yes" when asked if CMOS clock was set to UTC.
2. Entered requested zone information.

Entering a new date command in FBSD then throws the CMOS clock off of UTC.

I'm serving mail and web, so this causes a few problems. Any help would be
appreciated!

:)