Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:01:08 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        amvandemore@gmail.com, jbiquez@icsmx.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7.2-p7 -> 8-STABLE mergemaster core dump

> Can others with remote systems comment about what they do in this step?

installkernel, reboot, installworld, mergemaster, reboot.

*But* - for remote systems I never make huge leaps. I would
certainly never upgrade across a major version like you are doing.
Fpr those upgrades (which are only once per yer maximum) I make the
effort to go down there and do it physically in front of the machine.

Within a single major release, however, I have never had
any problems with the above prcedure.

-pete.