Date:      Sat, 11 May 2002 23:52:31 -0700
From:      "Christopher J. Umina" <FJU@Fritzilldo.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   motd questions

Hey guys, I saw this on an HP-UX system and I'm wondering if I can do it in
BSD.  Their motd messages were really long, so when the person logged in,
they got the message and then had to press enter to show the rest of it.
There was just like a pause in a batch file in DOS.  Can I do that?

Also, I'd like motd not to be shown to some users (for my sanity) such as
root and my username, is that at all possible?

Thanks,
Christopher J. Umina