Date:      Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:18:39 +0100
From:      Michelle Sullivan <michelle@sorbs.net>
To:        Mike Jakubik <mike.jakubik@intertainservices.com>
Cc:        Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mail/roundcube (bsd.php.mk broken?)

Mike Jakubik wrote:
> On 2016-03-23 06:51 PM, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>> Guido Falsi wrote on 03/23/2016 22:56:

>>> Are you tracking the head of the ports tree or the 2016Q1 branch? I'm
>>> guessing you're with ports head.
>>>
>>> In head the default php version is 5.6 and version 5.4 has been removed
>>> because it has reached EOL on September 3rd, 2015.
>>>
>>> you could also use php 5.5, but it will EOL in July, so, if you're
>>> tracking the head of the ports tree, I'd suggest you try again using
>>> php
>>> 5.6.
>>>
>>> If you're tracking 2016Q1 it should work, and I don't really know
>>> what's
>>> happening.
>>
>> I think that "Malformed conditional" errors are caused by too old
>> "make". I have seen this error on old machines in the process of
>> upgrade to 10.2 (old 'make' working with newer Makefiles)
>>
>> What version of 9.x it is?
>>
>> Miroslav Lachman
>
> It is fairly up to date world/kernel.
>
> FreeBSD illidan.local 9.3-STABLE FreeBSD 9.3-STABLE #0 r293423: Fri
> Jan  8 11:50:36 EST 2016

To quote Steve Hartland on the 19th Feb 2016:

> > Yes but 9.x is already legacy and becomes unsupported in December of
> > this year,

.. but don't worry .. its not the only thing that is broken in the ports
tree for 9.x ... basically for many things now the ports tree is
unusable and quarterlies are unusable because they contain known
security issues in most cases which will never be backported "Because
its too hard"..   According to the same email thread the answer to the
question there was to migrate to 10.2-BETA2 in the production environment.

--
Michelle Sullivan
http://www.mhix.org/