Date:      Thu, 28 Apr 2011 14:32:31 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        Pawel Tyll <ptyll@nitronet.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS v28 for 8.2-STABLE

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 07:03:00AM +0200, Pawel Tyll wrote:

> BTW. Why people still cling to i386?

Unluckily there are some binary things which work only in i386.

A friend of mine need a VM to run ports/databases/oracle8-client.

Another thing which I think could force people n i386 is adobe
software(this is true in linux too).

There may be other examples around.

P.S. I run on amd64 only whenever possible, and except for some old
i386 only PC, I use amd64 exclusively and try to find alternatives
whenever possible, but this is me.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>