Date:      Sat, 08 Jul 2000 12:51:58 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No port of Opera? (Was: ((FreeBSD : Linux) :: (OS/2 :  Windows)))

At 11:45 AM 7/8/2000, Narvi wrote:

>cc:-ing me in this thread has been needless for some time, but iirc,
>jordan definately had a role in getting aplixware to freebsd....

I'm sure he did. Alas, such victories are not only hard won and
expensive but also precarious. Applixware might not continue
support in the future, though I certainly hope they will.

To make the case for native FreeBSD development compelling, we
need leverage. That's why developing FreeBSD ABI compatibility
for Linux (not to mention other OSes!) is important. And this
is where I'm asking Jordan to invest some effort in, and support,
the development of the portable FreeBSD ABI.

If he does not participate and/or discourages it, he will not
have the right to claim the idea is invalid, since (after all)
he will have effectively prevented it from being tested.

--Brett