Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 11:45:12 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.aceonline.com.au>
To:        Adam David <adam@veda.is>
Cc:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, GNATS Management <gnats@freefall.freebsd.org>, freebsd-bugs@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/3244: ipfw flush closes connections

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Adam David wrote:

> 	When ipfw is used to flush previously established rules, (it seems)
>         all tcp connections open at the time become closed. Since flush is
> 	typical at the beginning of ipfw scripts and applies to rules not
> 	connections, this behaviour is wrong. Several months ago, it was
> 	possible to circumvent it (at least in part) by running /sbin/ipfw
> 	as a background process, but no longer.

Huh?

> >How-To-Repeat:
>
> 	sh /etc/rc.firewall

Try sh /etc/rc.firewall &

I've noticed the same, if you do it remotely try sh /etc/rc.firewall &
(I'm running a recentish build of 3.0-CURRENT and open tcp connections
stay open).

--
Adrian Chadd			| UNIX, MS-DOS and Windows ...
<adrian@psinet.net.au>		| (also known as the Good, the bad and the