Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:16:18 +0400
From:      Sergey Matveychuk <sem@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        mi@freebsd.org
Subject:   .warning directives in Makefile

Hi.

It was a long time ago and I don't remember if was a discussion about
.warning directive. As I can see only .error directive was documented in
Porters' Handbook as a harmful.

But I'd like remind .warning directive pollutes stderr and discouraged
portupgrade which was designed to catch messages from stderr and rises
errors.

Now there are a few ports (ImageMagic and GhostScript*) where the
directive was appeared. I think the ports should be fixed to use
ECHO_MSG to display the warnings.

Thanks.
--
Dixi.