Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2008 21:19:48 +0100
From:      Bernard Dugas <bernard@dugas-family.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Optimising NFS for system files

Hi,

I'm working on a project to have many diskless clients PXEbooting on 1
nfs server.

With some help :-) i could manage to share almost all system files (/,
/usr,..) through NFS.

i can see a reading speed difference 4 time slower on client than on
server (time tar -cf - /usr > /dev/null).

I will play with jumbo MTU for network performance, but would anybody
know if i can ask system files NFS exports to stay in server memory ? I
have less than 2Go to share and 2GO DDR2 is affordable.

Thanks a lot,
Best regards,