Date:      Thu, 7 Apr 2016 13:23:49 -0700
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@passap.ru>, freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>,  Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
Subject:   Re: Indication of Successful Build

Okay, I'm getting there now. The script below is a rough start of what
I was thinking. Check for success of each step and log it. It would be
neat to include the script(1) command into this and only preserve the
file if the a build step fails. As well, I'm thinking on "archiving"
the build and deleting the last one if the current run succeeds. I'm
new(ish) and self taught in Unix shell scripting so please point out
anything wonky.

#!/bin/bash

BASEDIR=3D~/Projects

if [ -z $1 ]
then
echo "Please include a project name"
else
PROJNAME=3D$1
fi

echo "`date` - Building for ${BASEDIR}/${PROJNAME}" >> ${BASEDIR}/logfile.l=
og

cd ${BASEDIR}/${PROJNAME} && make

retval=3D$?

if [ $retval -eq 0 ];
then
echo "`date` - Buildworld Succeeded" >> ${BASEDIR}/logfile.log
else
echo "`date` - Buildworld Failed with code $retval" >> ${BASEDIR}/logfile.l=
og
fi