Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 11:22:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        Deman Hassan <s9810048@mmu.edu.my>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Question <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make.conf configurations && stable-supfile

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Deman Hassan wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> What are the effects that might have if i put them in
> my make.conf?
>
> #NO_CVS=        true    # do not build CVS
> #NOINFO=        true    # do not make or install info files
> #NOSHARE=       true    # do not go into the share subdir

these affect your make world. they won't affect what source you download.

> What things that are very crucial for me to be put in stable-supfile? right
> now i'm using src-all which are too much. take so much time to compile and
> long enough to download and update.

edit your stable-supfile, and remove the portions you don't think you'll
need.

> I want to make it really minimum - the pc I use as my desktop. Also I want to
> cut time of compiling and cvsuping.

-- jan

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan@caustic.org
   "if my thought-dreams could be seen..
       "they'd probably put my head in a gillotine"
	     -- Bob Dylan