Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 02:35:27 GMT
From:      "Some Person" <ntvsunix@hotmail.com>
To:        cwasser@v-wave.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on IRC? Anywhere?

#freebsd on Efnet does totaly suck! They're very errogant, rude and tend to
turn people away from FreeBSD all together just like #linux did to me, one
reason I ended up moving on to FreeBSD in the first place.
Now, I never bother going to #freebsd on efnet, just sucks, especially if
you say the wrong thing, you get banned! Pisses me off! They don't seem to
give a sh*t about anything but themselves, and don't seem to care if they
don't advocate FreeBSD or push people away.

#freebsd on undernet has some very nice people! Also, #freebsdhelp there
too, but sometimes quiet. #freebsdhelp on efnet is ok, but like you say, can
be quiet too at times.

Hope this helps?

ps: You probly already did try undernet, but other than that, personally
I've never tried any others than undernet/efnet really. If you find a good
one, please let me know too.

Regards!