Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 12:53:48 +0800
From:      Alvin Sim <bsd140870@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re[2]: StarOffice 5.1 and FreeBSD 4.3-S

Saturday, May 12, 2001, 11:52:43 AM, Bill Schoolcraft wrote:

BS> At Fri, 11 May 2001 it looks like Bob Greene composed:

>> Chuck the CD and ftp the 5.2 version instead.  It's swell.

heh heh... i'm on a dialup so, although downloading is not a _big_
problem, i would like to avoid that if possible. and if i recall
reading (the archive?) correctly, there's a lot of big chuunks of
files that i have to download.

BS> I've also been looking for the *.tar version and have yet to locate
BS> a site that will "accept" a connection. Any ideas ?

BS> I advertise FreeBSD at my work (a Linux company) but have to either
BS> use my Solaris or Linux box to walk StarOffice customers through
BS> problems, FreeBSD is my main box at work except for that issue.

BS> I've tried to build from /usr/ports/ but to no avail.

there are 'ways' of going about it in installing but i cant find
anything (in the -questions archive) that is subjected(?) to the 5.1
cd that i have.

fyi, i am running 4.3-S and the only word processor i have is abiword
but it lacks table support, which is why the only alternative i have
is applixware (not free), and staroffice.

still, the question remains :)

--
Alvin            mailto:bsd140870@yahoo.co.uk