Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2002 00:22:17 -0400
From:      Josh Levine <joshl@levindustries.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP+Java+Apache

Alex wrote:

> JL> I installed the FreeBSD JDK13 port and then re-compiled PHP with Java
> JL> support.  When I tried running a script with Java, Apache returned:
> JL> Fatal error: Unable to create Java Virtual Machine in
>
> JL> Any other suggestions?  Is there a better list for me to ask this
> JL> question on?
>
> You could send a mail to java@freebsd.org (check the maillist first if
> this is the right list for this) and could think about the java
> alternate JSP. (Java Server Pages, just like ASP and PHP but in Java)

Thanks for the advice.  I actually had posted earlier to the java list,
but nobody there seemed to have any experience building PHP with Java -
I was hoping the broader reach of this list would reach someone who had.

Regardless, I figured out the problem: all I had to do was add the right
path to ldconfig_paths in /etc/rc.conf.

I'll post a full writeup of how I got it all working to freebsd-java, as
looking through the archives the question has been asked there at least
a couple of times before.

--Josh Levine