Date:      Wed, 17 May 1995 06:48:59 -0700
From:      asami@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        core@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: TODO list for 2.0.5

 * Task:		packages
 * Assigned:	Satoshi & Team
 * Status:		In Progress
 * Detail:
 *
 * I need a collection of packages to put in the CDROM at some point.

The /usr/ports/packages and /usr/ports/distfiles on thud should serve
this purpose.  /e/ports/packages and /e/ports/distfiles from freefall.
Just give me 24 hours' notice before you bake the CDROM, and I'll do a
final check.

Also, wcarchive's packages and distfiles is pretty much in sync as
well, although I haven't checked more than the file sizes recently.
(Maybe you can get me an account on wcarchive -- I don't want to run a
checksum from freefall, 'cause that means transferring every single
byte over NFS, which is almost as bad as copying the whole damn thing
over. ;)

 * I also need someone to go through LEGAL and make sure that nothing's
 * slipped through.

I've been keeping a close eye on this.  Also, I'd like to request
people to report anything suspicious they find that's *not* in LEGAL,
the ports tree is growing so rapidly I'm afraid something illegal may
have gone in unnoticed.

 * I know that Satoshi is already working flat-out on this, and has some
 * testing in progress, I only note it for completeness.

I'm glad you mentioned it, as I want as many people test and complain
before the CDROM gets out.  This is the first time the ports tree is
kept in reasonable sync with the main source, and if we can get a good
reputation here, it will definitely be FreeBSD's strong points in the
future! :)

Satoshi