Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 23:46:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, current@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Intelligent Debugging Tools...

On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Michael Smith wrote:

> Don't waste any money on it.  If you get it as a freebie, that's fine,
> but they're honest enough in the manual to point out that their tests
> aren't anything compared to the load a mutltitasking VM OS imposes.
>
> (We got it Real Cheap when we were having RAM trouble; it didn't find the
>  problem, and this was a RAM error so bad that _Windows_ would barf.)

	I've got 9 make processes running in /usr/src/lib right now,
and will cycle those through for the next little while...that should give
it a good test, shouldn't it?  That with the rest of its normal load?

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org