Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:29:30 -0500
From:      Joost Schuur <jschuur@onlinemagic.net>
To:        dg@root.com, "Root wcarchive.cdrom.com" <root@wcarchive.cdrom.com>
Cc:        ftp-stats@wcarchive.cdrom.com, tech@cdrom.com, chat@freebsd.org, jc@crl.com
Subject:   Re: Dual Log Stats - 1997/08/29

At 12:56 AM 8/29/97 -0700, David Greenman wrote:

>> Bytes transferred : 200,910,987,981

>>_idgames2        97,927,411  88,647,778   9,279,632  32973  21427  48.74
10.23

>   Well, as anticipated, this is a new one-day traffic record for wcarchive.
>The previous record of 185GB was set on June 26th. The extremely high total
>for idgames2 (and the cause of the new record) is due to the release of the
>"Hexen 2" game. We were at our 2000 user limit almost immediately when the
>game was put up (about 12:15PM PDT) and stayed at the limit for the rest of
>the day.

   it would appear the activision web site didn't list any other mirror sites
other than wcarchive for the whole day and even worse, one of their own ftp
sites
went down right after the release. i've supplied activision's webmaster a list
of additional ftp sites that carry the demo, so they can ease the load on
ftp.cdrom.com.

</j>

[joost schuur]  [software engineer] [jschuur@onlinemagic.net]
[work] [online magic] [new york] [http://www.onlinemagic.net]
[play]   [slipgate central]  [http://www.slipgatecentral.com]
['if you slap a chicken, it explodes'  dungeon keeper manual]