Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:33:12 -0500
From:      Jason Harmening <jason.harmening@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux DVB support for cx88

Hi everyone,

cx88 v1.4.0 is now in ports; it adds Linux DVB support to the capture
app via cuse4bsd and "dvb://" capture URLs.
There are more details in the "Capture App" and "Examples, Tips,
Tricks, and Caveats" sections of the wiki:

http://corona.homeunix.net/cx88wiki

I've tested it with VLC, MPlayer, and parts of the Linux dvb-apps test
suite.  I also have early reports that it works with MythTV.

DVB support should be considered beta quality; please send me the
details if you encounter bugs.  v1.4.1 will probably be released
fairly quickly to address known DVB issues.   Juergen Lock has already
helped me fix some bugs with DVB-T tuners and VDR, which will be
rolled into 1.4.1.

--Jason