Date:      Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:34:19 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Vadim Goncharov <vadim_nuclight@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD problems and preliminary ways to solve

Hi selven!

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:06:24 +0400; selven wrote about 'Re: FreeBSD problems and preliminary ways to solve':

> Good post as well as pretty much scary. You mentionned about the purity of
> FreeBSD at some point, that's one of the reasons why i prefer FreeBSD
> (probably many of my friends who do work with it also),

I've also said that purity doesn't always in conflict with newer world
requirements. We can have both, it is solvable.

> Since in a technical board, with 10 people, 7
> out of 10 are ubuntu users, with votes one always loses, and the funny thing
> :s 7 out of 10 don't even know the difference between FreeBSD and linux,
> they just voice out ubuntu because 'you will end up in trouble finding
> people to maintain your stuffs if these 3 leaves' (weirdly we even fixes
> there buntu bugs :s ). This user base is really a huge problem.

The real problem here is that they're saying "trouble finding people".
They are *right* here - there is too small number of FreeBSD'ers. That's
our real problem - we should increase our userbase. Our userbase is the
problem, not their's userbase. Until there's more of us, we can't fight
successfully with them, even if our weapon is stronger.

--
WBR, Vadim Goncharov. ICQ#166852181       mailto:vadim_nuclight@mail.ru
[Anti-Greenpeace][Sober FreeBSD zealot][http://nuclight.livejournal.com]