Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:16:47 -0400
From:      "Mark Dickey" <mark@bestweb.net>
To:        "J. Han" <hjh@best.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: large swap to ram ratio

I currently have a 400 meg swap with 128 megs ram and have had no problems.
The servers which I work with have the swap ranging from 200 - 600 megs, and
no problems with any of them.  I cannot see any reason why there would ever
be a problem with the size of the swap.

That ratio is just there to give a suggested size of what you might need, I
don't think it has anything to do with "I cannot handle more than 2xram"

Mark Dickey
mark@bestweb.net