Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 2010 09:15:06 +0700
From:      Yohanes Nugroho <yohanes@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   at91sam9g20

I have started AT91SAM9G20 FreeBSD-arm port several months ago with
the Hot-e (HL201 donated by John Nicholls). It mostly works now, but
the code organization is still very messy (I added many #ifdefs), I
need advice on this.

What works: I can boot to single/multi user mode using USB disk, and
networking (it works well, 100 mbps). What doesn't work yet: NAND,
Audio, Video (John said, his team is working on this, so I am not
touching this).

I have few questions:

- What is the best way to merge AT91RM9200 code with AT91SAM9G20, some
code. I know there are several people that started to work on other
Atmel Chips, but the code never gets commited, for example:

http://bsdimp.blogspot.com/2007/03/followup-atmel-at91-family-work.html
http://marc.info/?l=freebsd-arm&m=123783989612142&w=2

it has been talked about:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2009-May/001742.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2009-May/001743.html

But Sylvestre Gallon didn't continue his work (and didn't reply my
email), so should I just try to implement what Warner Losh suggested?
I will need someone with RM9200 board to help me test if my
refactoring still works on the RM9200 board (or someone care to donate
one to me?).

- From the state of the freebsd NAND http://wiki.freebsd.org/NAND, if
I want to write the NAND driver, I should go with FreeBSD NAND Flash
Framework (http://p4db.freebsd.org/branchView.cgi?BRANCH=nand2) right?
(I hope the code is quite stable now).

- I've got the SPI code to work, and modify the hardcoded value in
at45d  for the dataflash. I can get the JEDEC ID and status. But how
do i test reading from the /dev/flash/spi0 from userspace?

In case anyone wants to have a look at my (still) messy code or wants
to play around with it:

- Audio: I don't have a clue where to start writing the device driver
for this. Can anyone points me to some documents/source code to study?

http://gitorious.org/freebsd-arm

--
Regards
Yohanes