Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 1995 09:33:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      Barnacle Wes <wes@intele.net>
To:        jacs@gnome.co.uk (Chris Stenton)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: routing table problem with both slip & ppp active

> route add -net 158.152 158.152.22.16
>
> However, this gets assigned to the ppp interface even though the gateway
> address is assigned to the slip interface? Thus, the packets go via the
> ppp interface.

I'm not sure if this will solve your problem, but I've found that, in
general, if you are routing through a point to point link like PPP or
SLIP, it is best to use the "other" end of the link as the routing
address.  For instance, if your 158.152.22.16 sl0 interface is connected
to 158.152.22.1, change the above route command to:

    # route add -net 158.152 158.152.22.1

--
   Wes Peters	| Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
    Softweyr 	| The cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder