Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 1998 14:55:11 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SETI@home

Hi folks,

[ sent to -chat and -questions, reply-to points back to -chat ]

Is anyone else looking at the SETI@home project? It's sort of like the
RC5 (and other) challenges, but using the spare CPU power to analyse
radio signals.

    <URL:http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/>;

I note that the "Programming help wanted" page at

    <URL:http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/programming.html>;

says that a FreeBSD port is in progress.

"Last night I had a dream. I found myself in a desert called Cyberland. It was
hot, my canteen had sprung a leak and I was thirsty. Out of the abyss walked a
cow, Elsie. I asked if she had anything to drink. She said `I'm forbidden to
produce milk. In Cyberland we only drink. . . Diet Coke.'" -- Maureen, _Rent_